Potency of Actinomycetes from Deepsea Sediment of Makassar Strait for Producing Antimicrobial Substances
Ariani Hatmanti, Puspita Lisdiyanti, Jaka Widada, and Subagus Wahyuono (2018)
Squalen Bull. of Mar. and Fish. Postharvest and Biotech, Vol. 13 (2): 45-56. ISSN: 2089-5690 e-ISSN: 2406-9272
A study on isolation of actinomycetes from sediments of Makassar Strait have been conducted with regard to research project called Widya Nusantara Exploration (EWIN) in May-June 2013 and November 2014. The objectives of this research were to screen antimicrobial activity of 36 actinomycetes from sediments of Makassar Strait, characterized the potential isolates, and determined the metabolites produced by the selected isolate. The antimicrobial screening was conducted using agar diffusion method, while characterization of the best five of actinomycetes were using APIZYM Kit, Scanning Electron Microscope, and FTIR. Five isolates retrieved from this research had ability to inhibit the growth of four microbial testing: Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Staphyllococcus aureus and Candida albicans. The highest capability was shown by the MACMK-43 isolate that had 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 97.85% to Streptomyces violacens. The result shows that, the active fraction contained of 4-amino-5-cyano-6-(4’methoxyphenyl)-1-methyl-2.3 dihydropyrrolo [2,3-B] pyridine, which is commercially used for bactericide and antihistamine.
Keywords: antimicrobes, actinomycetes, Streptomyces violascens, deepsea sediment.
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
Kecepatan Regenerasi Kalus Somatik Embriogenik Terung Pada Beberapa Media Maturasi
Hartati, Hanifah Agani, N. Sri Hartati, Enny Sudarmonowati (2018)
Jurnal ILMU DASAR, Vol.19 (2): 125-134. ISSN-2442-5613
Ralstonia solanacearum is one of the most important pathogen that causes bacterial wilt disease in eggplant and inhibits eggplant production. Improvement of eggplant varieties resistant to bacterial wilt can be accomplished through genetic manipulation. Regeneration of in vitro plants isone of the important tools to supports plant improvementthrough biotechnology. This study was aimed to determine the rate of eggplant regeneration in various maturation media, and to find the best medium for eggplant regeneration based on maturation rate and the number of cotyledon produced. We used resistant eggplant (accession 032)as the material to produce somatic embryogenic.There were 7 types of regeneration media used in this research. MS medium was supplemented with a certain concentration of plant growt regulators , such as: 1 mg / L + BAP 1 mg / L, NAA 4mg / L, TDZ 0.005 mg / L, TDZ 0.001 mg / L, CuSO4 2mM + BAP 1 mg / L, CuSO4 2mM + BAP 2 mg / L and Kinetin 1 mg / L + CuSO4 2mM. Three clumps of callus per plate with three replications were transferred to MS suplemented medium. The parameters observed were the color of callus before and after they were transfered to regeneration medium, the day of formation of globular, heart-shaped, tubular and cotyledonary phase, and the number of cotyledons formed. The results obtained showed the somatic embryogenic color of the 032 genotype was white with friable structure before being transferred to regeneration medium and was turned to yellowish white after being transferred to the regeneration medium. On the day sixth, friable embryogenic somatic of eggplant was developed into nodule on medium MS + NAA 4 mg / L, MS + CuSO4 2mM + BAP medium 1 mg / L, and MS + CuSO4 2mM + BAP 2 mg / L. Somatic embryogenic callus of accession 032 were able to pass complete globular, heart-shaped, tubular and cotyledonary phase. The most responsive medium for somatic embryogenic callus regeneration, based on the days of the callus phases formation and the number of early-phase cotyledons obtained, were MS medium suplemented with CuSO4 2mM + BAP,and CuSO4 2 mM + BAP 2 mg / L.
Keywords: eggplant, Ralstonia solanacearum, regeneration, cotyledonary, clump, BAP
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Low cost and comprehensive pork detection in processed food products with a different food matrix
- Tandem Recombinant Plasmid Construction as Positive Control for PIK3CA H1047R Detection Based on SYBR Green I qPCR
- Antimicrobial Activity of Selenium Nanoparticles Synthesized by Actinomycetes Isolated from Lombok Island Soil Samples
- Pertumbuhan Kultur Tunas Taka Pada Media MS yang Mengandung Sitokinin dan Manitol untuk Konservasi In Vitro
- Pengaruh Modifikasi KH2PO4, NH4NO3 dan Sukrosa terhadap Pertumbuhan Tunas serta Pembentukan Umbi Mikro Taka (Tacca leontopetaloides) secara In vitro
- Pertumbuhan Kultur Tunas Dahlia sp. Pada Media MS Dengan Pengurangan Kadar Gula Dan Tutup Tabung Berventilasi
- Pengaruh Perlakuan Sitokinin Terhadap Pertumbuhan In Vitro Talas Diploid Pontianak dan Talas Triploid Bolang Hitam
- Pectinase Production and Clarification Treatments of Apple (Malus Domestica) Juice
- ILE655VAL Genotyping Study of HER2 - Positive Breast Cancer of Patients from Padang - Indonesia With High Resolution Melting Technique
- Improvement of HER2I655V TARMS-PCR Performance by DNA Quality Analysis