Shanti Ratnakomala, Pamella Apriliana, Fahrurrozi Fahrurrozi, Puspita Lisdiyanti, Wien Kusharyoto
Berita Biologi, Volume 15 Nomor 3, Desember 2016, 275-283. ISSN 0126-1754
Marine actinomycetes were isolated from mangrove sediment from the coast in Enggano, Bengkulu Province, Indonesia using the medium NBRC No. 802 modified by the addition of 2% NaCl. A total of 29 isolates of actinomycetes were isolated from three mangrove sediment samples and evaluated their potential to produce bioactive metabolites. Screening of 29 isolates marine actinomycetes isolates were performed against three bacterial pathogens had been done. Bacteria test used was Escherichia coli NBRC 14 237, Staphylococcus aureus NBRC13 276, and Bacillus subtilis NBRC 3134. Screening result showed that seven isolates have inhibitory effects against bacteria test and 22 other isolates have no inhibition. Of the seven isolates, one isolate has inhibitory effect against the growth of Gram-negative bacteria Escherichia coli, while six other isolates inhibit Gram-positive bacteria Bacillus subtilis and Staphilococcus aureus. It was concluded that, of the 29 isolates conducted in the experiment, seven isolates produce antibacterial compounds on agar medium. Molecular identification of 23 isolates were identified based on the gene 16S RNA sequences showed that 22 isolates belong to the genus Streptomyces and one strain belongs to the genus Dermacoccus.
Keywords: marine actinomycetes, antibacterial, Enggano Island
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Production of Manooligomannan from Palm Kernel Cake by Mannanase Produced from Streptomyces Cyaenus
- Body Weight Estimation of Bali Cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park, West Nusa Tenggara using Several Morphometric Parameters
- Antioxidant Production Of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated From Indonesian Traditional Fermented Buffalo Milk (Dadih)
- Production of Mannanase from Bacillus Subtilis LBF-005 and Its Potential for Manno-oligosaccharides Production
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru