Paskah Partogi Agung, Widya Pintaka Bayu Putra, Saiful Anwar, and Ari Sulistyo Wulandari.
Buletin Peternakan 42 (1): 20-25, February 2018
This study was conducted to find the best linear regression equation to estimate the body weight (BW) of female Bali cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park, West Nusa Tenggara based on three morphometric parameters, i.e. withers height (WH), body length (BL), and heart girth (HG). Data collection was conducted by random sampling of female Bali cattle (1-5 years of age) in Banyumulek Techno Park. A total of 63 female Bali cattle were used in this study. The parameter of WH (distance from the ground level to the highest point of withers) and BL (distance from the shoulder joint (later tuberosity of humerus) to the pelvic bone) were measured with a measuring stick. The HG data (circumference around the chest at the fourth rib) was measured with a measuring tape. Identification of age was carried out based on the animal recording book and incisors condition. The descriptive statistic analysis (mean value, standard deviation, the coefficient of variation, minimum and maximum value) of the morphometric and BW data were performed using MS Excel 2017 program. The linear regression equation analysis and the comparison between actual and estimated BW values (Independent sample T-test) were performed using SPSS 16.0 program. The BL and BW parameters had the highest correlation coefficient (r) value (0.86). The test result showed that the predicted BW value of female Bali cattle was not significantly different with the actual BW when using G model of linear regression equation (three variables used). The G model of linear regression equation had the highest R2 value (0.84). However the R2 value in the F model with two variables (BL and HG) was also high (0.83). It can be concluded that the simple linear regression equation BW=(0.96)(WH)+(1.26)(BL)+(1.57)(HG)-284.92 are the best model to estimate the BW value of female Bali cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park.
Keywords: Bali cattle, Body measurement, Body weight, Correlation, Regression
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
Hasim, AZ Mustopa, N Andrianto, Fatimah, Didah Nur Faridah (2017).
Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol. 12 (5): 76-82. ISSN 2278-3008.
One of antioxidant sources is foods that contain peptides from enzymatic hydrolysis and/or fermentation by lactic acid bacteria (LAB). The availability of antioxidants in fermented food, particularly milk, is associated with the presence of LAB. Dadih is traditionally made by keeping the fresh raw buffalo milk in a bamboo tube capped with banana leaf and allowing it to ferment spontaneously at room temperature for two days. This research aimed to obtain bacteria from dadih with the highest antioxidants. Isolate Lac 3 and Lac 13 displayed the highest antioxidant activity, with inhibition capacity of 64.2 persen and 63.79 persen respectively against DPPH radical. The result showed that 6 best isolates (Lac 3, Lac 13, DS 6, DS 10, DS 12, and DS 14) were not significantly different. Lac 3 was found to be identical with Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic, while Lac 13 was identical with Lactobacillus plantarum with the percentage of similarity of 98 persen and 96 persen respectively. Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic displayed the highest antioxidant activity at the early stationary phase and at the lowest pH value of culture.
Kata kunci: antioxidant activity, dadih, lactic acid bacteria, milk
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Production of Mannanase from Bacillus Subtilis LBF-005 and Its Potential for Manno-oligosaccharides Production
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru
- Upaya Penyembuhan Penyakit Degeneratif Dengan Kultur Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Harapan Baru Kemajuan Terapi Klinis Menggunakan Sel Epitel Pigmen Retina Di Masa Depan
- Peningkatan Performa Pertumbuhan Kultur Sel Fibroblas Dan Aplikasinya Untuk Perbaikan Jaringan Yang Rusak