Indonesia is a rich biodiversity country where various medicinal plants have existed. One species of medicinal plants is Globe Amaranth (Gomphrena globosa, Amaranthaceae). This species is native to Central America and has been widely spread to the tropics. To date, the species can be easily found in the home gardens as an ornamental plant. Medicinal plants have been used for generations by traditional people. It was empirically proven that medicinal plants have the ability to cure certain diseases such as dysentery. All parts of this plant can be used as medicine. However, only the flower of the species was used in this study. The objective of the study was to identify the highest antimicrobial activity of Gomphrena globosa flower extract using ethanol, petroleum ether, ethyl acetate and n-butanol solvents. Gomphrena globosa flower was extracted using 96 persen ethanol and then was by partitioned using petroleum ether, ethyl acetate, and n-butanol respectively. The extracts were then evaporated using a rotapavor until condensed extract was obtained. Phytochemical screening was done on both of the flower powder and extract.
- Aktivitas Antioksidan Daun dan Umbi dari Enam Jenis Singkong (Manihot utilissima Pohl)
- Efisiensi grafting enam genotip ubi kayu hasil seleksi untuk mendukung peningkatan produksi
- FRIABLE EMBRYOGENIC CALLUS (FEC) SEBAGAI MATERIAL PERBAIKAN SIFAT UNGGUL UBI KAYU
- RAGI SUPER: TEKNOLOGI MOLEKULER BIO-ARMING UNTUK PEMANFAATAN LIMBAH LIGNOSELULOSA MENJADI ETHANOL SEBAGAI PENGGANTI BENSIN
- PERANAN BIOTEKNOLOGI REPRODUKSI DALAM PENINGKATAN KUALITAS TERNAK
- UBI KAYU, MAKANAN SI MISKIN YANG KAYA NUTRISI?
- Manfaat Probiotik Untuk Ternak
- PEMANFAATAAN OBAT TRADISIONAL (HERBAL) SEBAGAI OBAT ALTERNATIF
- Kebun Plasma Nutfah Puslit Bioteknologi LIPI
- Mengatasi Masalah Pakan Dengan SILASE